CALL FOR APPLICATION
PAN-AFRICAN YOUTH CAMP
Theme “Facilitating Youth Empowerment, Partnerships and development through Quality exchange programs for Sustainable development”
When – 1st to 5th December 2019
Where – WERUWERU CAMPING SITE
About Pan-African Youth camp
Are you a young change maker aged between 18 to 29 years and based in one of the East African countries such as Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi? Have you ever participated in an exchange program between your country and Germany or within African country or even in your own country? Do you implement any change project in your community? Have you ever imagined living a camping life in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania with fellow young change makers? Do you want to share experiences with fellow young change makers? Does your project have a measurable impact in your community? Can your project be among the best practices to be replicated for localizing SDGs for agenda 2030 or agenda 2063 of African union? Do you capitalize on the experiences, knowledge and skills obtained through an exchange program you participated in another country or within your country? Do you want to meet fellow young change makers from East African countries to share your knowledge, successful stories, skills and experiences? If these questions or one of it speaks to you then Pan-African Youth camp in Kilimanjaro is the right place for you to be so apply for the opportunity.
Pan- African youth camp is organized by Tanzania Youth Coalition in the framework of African German Youth Initiative (AGYI) in order to create ayouth friendly platform for experiential sharingforyoung change makers from East African countries including Alumni of exchanges and those doing youth development projects.A total of fifty-six (56) participants are expected to be selected to take part in the Pan African youth camp in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. The aim of this camp is to give the opportunity to the young change makers and Alumni of exchange programs especially those who took part in Germany related youth exchange programs to showcase the importance of their change projectsafter participating in exchange programs.
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian or East African national from Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi or Uganda youth aged between 18-29 years who are conversant in both Kiswahili and English
- Alumni who implement change projects especially those who took part in German related youth exchanges are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applicant must be implementing any youth development, partnership or empowerment project with a measurable impact in their respective communities.
- The project implemented must be innovative and should either encompass youth development, youth empowerment or youth exchange program as a product or use an exchange program as an enabler in the implementation of the idea
- The participant should be implementing a project which has an impact to the community by solving one of the challenges and must be ready to come with some stuffs related to his/her projects to showcase them or make a presentation for his/her project in order to showcase them during the Pan-African youth camp
- The participant must be ready/willing to live a camping life which include among others; sleeping in Safari tents
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to send their applications before 17th November 2019 to email@example.com and put in cc: copy Erick.firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting the following documents: Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), brief description/abstract of your projects (not more than 300 words) and links that can show your projects/initiative. For more information about Pan African Youth camp and TYC in general please visit TYC website www.tzyc.org